Effective November 15, 2021, The Indiana Small Business Restart Grant is closed. The Restart Grant opened in April 2021 to help accelerate economic recovery activity by providing eligible Hoosier entrepreneurs and small businesses with working capital through reimbursements for certain expenses incurred during and related to the global pandemic.
- If you have questions about a pending grant application or need to submit additional documents, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If your application is missing information that is required to continue with the review, you will receive an email from email@example.com that you can respond to with the necessary materials
- If your documents exceeded the file size limit to upload and you checked the box that you were unable to upload everything, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org that you can respond to with the remaining files.
- If you checked the box to receive a confirmation email, you’ll receive an email from Smartsheets confirming receipt of the application.
- If you never received a confirmation email, please email email@example.com to confirm application submission.
- If you receive a grant, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org noting that payment is being processed.
Please check your email frequently and be sure to check your spam folder and/or add these emails to your contacts to ensure you receive communications.
- Are grant funds considered taxable income?
Grants issued through the Small Business Restart Grant program may be considered taxable income because they were funded by federal CARES dollars. Please visit the following link for more information: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/cares-act-coronavirus-relief-fund-frequently-asked-questions#:~:text=Yes.,Code%20and%20therefore%20is%20taxable
- When will my company receive an IRS 1099 form?
- Your company should have received a 1099-G. If you haven’t received a 1099-G, please reach out to email@example.com.
- Please note: Not all companies will receive a 1099-G. C corporations, S corporations and LLCs taxed as an S corporation will not receive a 1099. All other business types should receive one 1099 per Employer Identification Number.
- At the time of application, my company owed money to the Indiana Department of Revenue but has since settled all outstanding balances. Can I reapply for the grant since my application was submitted before the deadline?
Unfortunately, no. The Small Business Restart Grant program was funded by CARES dollars, and the timeline for using those funds have passed.
- How do I apply for the Small Business Restart Grant program?
The application window for the Small Business Restart Grant program has closed, and we are no longer accepting applications.
- Will there be another round of funding for the grant?
No. If you would like to advocate for additional funding to support small businesses, please reach out to your local elected representatives.
- Do programs similar to the Small Business Restart Grant program exist?
Not at the state level. It’s advisable to check with your local chamber and Indiana Small Business Development Center office to better understand any options available to you.